12/22/2010

December 22, 2010

    I finished my gifts today and played Santa at Dorothy's. She liked her new lavender pajamas. It was really nice to see Chris Spengler for a little while, too.
    I found some great recipes for prime rib. I hope Jerry lets me participate in cooking it. We are going to have a very simple elegant meal on Christmas Day. I am so looking forward to having my family here.
    In years past, I have dreaded the Christmas season - not sure why. But this year I am enjoying things more and am relaxed. Guess that's one of the good things about my current physical situation.
    When I went to see Alyssa, she cried when I told her I was going to leave. I went over to where she was crying and hiding and said, "Can I hold you?" She said, "Not." Then she said, "Yes. Yes, hold me, Gigi." We cuddled and played with Play doe after that. I mean, how could I not stay for a bit longer when it broke her heart for me to leave. Have I mentioned that she is my Sunshine. Can't wait to have a couple more babies to love like this.
    So I'm ready for Christmas and just have a couple days of work, then I can be home for a couple of relaxing days with my family.
    Even though I'm hurting...I'm happy. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment